Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mountain Climbing

Okay, so we didn't climb any real mountains, more like a big rock, but it's the thought that counts!
JJ and I went hiking this week. Possibly our last hike of the summer which makes me sad. This has been such a great summer. I don't want it to end! The only bad thing was JJ cracked the lens of her glasses, but luckily her dad was able to fix it.
 At the top of the mountains (or Rims as it's called) there used to be a cabin, but it got torn down and all that is left is the stove. It's huge! JJ and I pretended we were in a giants castle. After that we explored a little and I found the creepiest thing! It was a pointed stake with red paint on the pointed end. It looked like blood! Green Girls, you better watch out. I think the vampire hunters are out in about and right now there in Montana.

After exploring we had a snack and took in the view. Yup, our legs are hanging off the edge of the cliff. Okay, not really. There's a ledge below us. JJ's dad would never let us be that dangerous.
I don't start school for a few more weeks, but between now and then it will be crazy getting ready. Is anyone else feeling the end of summer blues?

7 comments:

  1. That looks so fun! :) I don't want school to come either... Mine Starts in September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun, and great pictures! :-)

    You definitely need to watch out for vampire hunters! Ack! That stake sounds scary. Although since you guys aren't vampires, you'll probably be okay.

    Thanks for thinking of us, and the shout out! ;-)

    Our schools start in September, too. We have mixed feelings, and aren't ready for summer to end.

    Love,
    The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing...wow, I'm jealous! It definitely looks like you girls had quite the adventure. The scenery is breathtaking.
    I start school on Monday, and I'm not looking forward to it. I mean, I am, but I'm not...if that makes sense.
    Bises,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pics! I love the one where you are sitting on the rock, overlooking the town/farm fields.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh La La .. we love the scenery it is beautiful .. you had a great outing and hike and really saw some neat things .. we love rock climbing around here .. well at least I do .. lol

    Yes it is hard to believe that it is time for school to be starting up again .. summer is really almost gone .. scarry how fast it goes ..

    Talk laters,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a great time! I love outdoorsy stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a view! I wish I could go hiking with you both. I go often but living here in Southern CA, we have to drive far to find good places to hike. I try to go weekly, but now we're back in school so I don't have as much free time. School sure comes quickly, doesn't it? Be sure to update us when you go back to school!

    Hugs,
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete