Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Preparations

Today we finally got a chance to put up our Christmas tree. But first we had to make ornaments for it.
 Kit started with cutting out Christmas trees.
 I rolled out clay for decorating. Do excuse my funky hair. Mother insisted on putting it in rollers.
 
 JJ was over to help. She started the delicate process of putting tiny ornaments on the trees.
 We made snowmen as well.
We also did stars, bells, and gingerbread men.
Then it was finally onto getting the tree up and our decorations on.
  
Of course, the pictures we took of the finished tree didn't come out. I'll have to try again later. The babies made a paper chain that actually turned out nicely. Gillian made paper snowflakes. Our stocking are hung and tomorrow we are going to make cookies.
However, there was one downfall to the day. I've been debating whether to post this or not, but I thought I better since it could become a big part of my life. I found out on Thanksgiving that Mother and Jess' dad Casey are dating. He called this evening to take Mother out to dinner. I really like him, but Mother has never dated before and it's kind of weird. Especially since he is Jess' dad (Jess is still furious about the whole thing). I think I hear Mother returning from her date. Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment