Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Food!

I apologize in advance for no pictures. Everyone's camera seemed to die at the same time and there was no extra batteries. Anyways...Mother let me go to Riley's house for Thanksgiving! I didn't think she actually would because she is very into having the whole extended family together. I was pretty relieved. If you remember some of my past holiday posts, it gets pretty crazy! That's the only part of Christmas I am not looking forward to.

It was the best dinner I had ever had! I thought Aaron's normal food was good, but, oh man, when he goes all out, it's phenomenal. I never had stuffing or sweet potatoes that tasted that good. And his pumpkin pie! I don't even know how to describe it, it was just perfect. He helped Riley and I make fudge and it turned out so good. I'm supposed to bring some home to "share" with my family, but I think it will stay in my secret hiding place. My little sisters don't need more sugar anyway.

I even got to spend the night! Sean is going to take us shopping in a little bit. However, he refused to get up at 4am to hit the early sales. Aaron hates shopping so he will stay home. I'm so thankful that I met Riley. She and her family are so great. I did miss seeing JJ, but her family went to Bozeman to visit her grandparents anyway. I'm going to hang out with her tomorrow.

I hope everyone else (if you celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday) had a good time and great food. I think that's all for today; I hear a little, sugary, and chocolate-y voice calling me.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, Emily!

    We didn't celebrate it this week (Canadian Thanksgiving is in October) but we had a snow day off school that day by coincidence. We were thinking of our American friends as you guys enjoyed your turkey. :-)

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving .. ours was fun too, but soooo busy we did not get to post or anything.

    Happy Thanksgiving a little late.
    Hugs,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily!
    I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I had a pretty fun Thanksgiving too. I wish I had a little chocolate-y voice calling to me - sounds yummy!
    -Makennah

    ReplyDelete