Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Favorite Food

Jess is only staying at my house one day a week now, thank goodness. Her dad's girlfriend gets to put up with her the other five days. Just kidding, I love my Jessie. Anyways, since I have my free time back to do all the wonderful things I do, I remembered I don't have anything to do. So I (well, Kit) took some photos of me with the best food in the world: PEANUT BUTTER!

It's so smooth and sticky and creamy, melt-in-your-mouth perfection. Plus it's good with practically anything. Besides eating it alone, I love it with graham crackers or apples.
I'd eat peanut butter for every meal if I could. Peanut butter and banana for breakfast; peanut butter and brown sugar sandwich for lunch; peanut butter and waffles for dinner. I got a questions for any dollies from other countries. Is PB common/popular where you live, or is this mostly an American staple?

I almost forgot about the best PB food: Reese's! Best candy in the entire world.
Okay, I know that picture is beyond stupid, but roll with it.

Anyone else have a food obsession? 'Cause if you do, I have an assignment for you. If you're like me and never have anything going on in your life and don't have anything to post on your blog, make a post of you with (in, eating, whatever) your favorite food.

7 comments:

  1. Love the peanut butter pics, Emily! We love peanut butter too (we had PB&Js for lunch today at our house). Peanut butter and brown sugar? We haven't heard of that but MUST try it. Do you toast it or heat it up or just use the brown sugar in place of jelly?

    For the assignment, we'd like to report our food obsessions:

    Juliette (from France): I love brie and goat cheese melted on petite baguettes. Macaroons are a wonderful dessert, especially raspberry or vanilla - with a splash of tea.

    Lucie (also from France but embracing the California lifestyle): I love some Southern California authentic fish tacos! Some people think they are weird but they are addictive. Add salsa and cilantro and squeeze of lime and you're set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For PB & Brown Sugar, I put PB on both sides of the bread (holds it together better) and sprinkle brown sugar on one piece of bread. It's delicious!

    I've never tried you guy's favorite foods, but I always thought fish tacos sounded pretty good.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to try Emily's PB & Brown Sugar tonight! Thanks Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Let me know what you think of it.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peanut butter? Haha…I have some great stories about Americans and peanut butter. I do image that it would taste great with brown sugar, though. Does it give it less of a peanut butter flavor? My favorite food would have to be les gaufres à la chicorée- which are chicory waffles. They’re yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brown sugar compliments the peanut butter perfectly and makes it even stickier, IMO.

    Me and my poor only-American taste buds. I have no idea what chicory waffles are. But I'd love to hear some of your stories about Americans and PB.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, peanut butter isn't as popular in Europe because we Europeans love our Nutella - that yummy chocolate hazelnut spread! Because I'm rather addicted to chocolate, I'm going to have to say that Nutella is my favorite treat. Put it on a warm croissant or toast, and it's melt-in-your-mouth magnificent.

    The Americans I live with are simply crazy about peanut butter. Their favorite? Dark chocolate peanut butter! They don't buy Nutella because they buy that stuff instead. I must admit, it's pretty good.

    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete