Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Two Words: Rebecca Wordsworth

Apparently I have more cousins then just goofy ol' Molly. One is Rebecca Wordworth, and another whom I'll meet this Christmas. Let me tell you, I fear for my life!
 
Everything started out fine yesterday. Kit and I played with our horses.
 "It's a werehorse!" Kit practically yells. She is completely over the moon (bad pun) about werewolves after my friend Frankie and I's discussion on our club blog. Kit wants to go hunting for werewolves. And she's been searching Mother's jewelry box for silver to melt into bullets. However, Mother is a cheap-o and doesn't have any real silver, which I think is very lucky for all the werewolves out there. Anyway, getting back on track.
In walks this girl, and she says: "Your mom said I could come up. I'm Rebecca. Which one of you is Emily?"
I said I was (what else could I do?) and she offered to shake my hand. Those perfect curls! Ugh! Why does everyone else have such pretty hair?
 I shook her hand. She blathered on about her life. We're going to be in the same class! We're cousins! And when our other cousin moves here we will have so much fun together! Somebody save me!

She starts looking around my room and points to my totally awesome poster.
 "Who's that?"
Are you kidding me? Of course I couldn't say that. "Joshua Jackson from Fringe," I say. "It's one of my favorite shows."
"Never heard of it."
Are you serious?
So Rebecca makes herself all pretty and comfy in my room. I just want to scream my lungs out. Don't get me wrong, she seems like a nice girl, but she is totally no Jocelyn or Jess. I need to be around people who like to get dirty and play toys. Her perfect hair and white shirt don't scream that to me. But maybe we will learn to tolerate each other. Or at least that is what I hoped until she got up to leave.
"I'll see you in school tomorrow," she says. And pets me on the head!
I can only hope my other cousin will not be this crazy. Anyone else have cousin horror stories to help me out?
 

6 comments:

  1. Two of my dolls are cousins, most of the time they get along great. I'm sure that if you get to know each other you and Rebecca will, too!
    That's so cool that you have a mini Fringe poster! I hear that it's Fox's 2nd lowest rating show, though:( Hopefully it will get better ratings!
    ~Phoebe~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I love playing with toy ponies too! :D looks like you two had a lot of fun!

    Cali***

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't say that about Fringe, Phoebe! Just kidding, I hope the rating get better too. It's a shame when more intelligent shows are less popular than the boatload of crummy reality shows.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fringe? My classmate Lindsey loves that show apparently. Me? I've never seen it. I don't watch much TV anymore because I definitely prefer movies. ;)

    Rebecca's curls are pretty, but I actually really like your hair, Emily. That style you're wearing in the photos is pretty cute. But, if you'd like to try curls, maybe Rebecca could help you put some curlers in?

    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thanks, Sophie! You know, I think I may ask Rebecca to help me curl my hair. We're cousins after all, I think I should get to know her better. Thanks!

    Cali, I love your collection of ponies, too. Horses are awesome to play with.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your new BG (back ground) I had bronchitus so I couldn't go on the computer.Good luck!!!!!!!

    ~Caelen

    ReplyDelete