Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tagged!

 I love being tagged! The Bolton Girls Christmas tagged me. Since JJ is with me, she's gonna answer the questions as well.

1) What is your favorite part of the holiday season?
ME: Baking! I can't wait to make peanut butter balls and Christmas cookies.

JJ: Putting up the tree. We have a ton of special ornaments and I love hearing the stories every year. We listen to Christmas music and drink hot chocolate. This year we added a new ornament for baby Jadyn.


2) Who do you celebrate Christmas with?

ME: Mother, my sisters, and the millions of cousins I have.
JJ: My family and usually my friends, too.


3) What is your favorite gift you have ever received?

ME: Coco, even though she was technically a family present, I've always been her favorite. We got her when I was 5.

JJ: Maxwell, my stuffed guinea pig. I got him last year. I saw him every time we went shopping, but my parents never showed any interest in buying me another stuffed animals. It was such a surprise to see him sticking out of my stocking!


4) What are your favorite Christmas Carols?

ME: I don't really have a favorite.
JJ: "Up on the Housetop" Me and my brother Jack love to act out the song. We're trying to teach Jadyn, but babies are pretty boring.



5) What is your favorite Christmas food?

ME: Peanut butter balls! It's peanut butter and powdered sugar mixed together, rolled into balls, and covered in chocolate.

JJ: Candy canes. Although I have more fun sword fighting with them than actually licking 'em.


6) Can you sleep on Christmas Eve?

ME: I have six sisters, I never sleep anyway!
JJ: Nope, me and Jack prolly only get a few hours in.


7) When do you wake up on Christmas morning?

ME: Six sisters, remember? I usually get up at 5 or 6.
JJ: My parents prefer us to sleep until 7, but we're always up earlier to sneak a peek at the presents.


8) What is your most memorable memory?  

ME: Seeing Coco under the tree in a basket with a big bow on, even though we had gotten her a month before. She just looked so cute and was making puppy noises.
JJ: The time that are power was cut off because we forgot to pay the bill and we had to have poptarts for dinner and stay by the fireplace to keep warm. I had never felt so close and loved by my family before.


9) What are you Christmas traditions?

ME: We usually have a big family party on Christmas Eve. All of us kids get a stocking and we eat a lot of food. On Christmas, Mother makes a big breakfast and we spend the morning opening presents and playing with out new stuff.
JJ: On Christmas Eve we go to Emily's family party. On Christmas day we stay home and enjoy our presents. After lunch we always have a snowball fight and make snowmen or go sledding. Daddy takes us up in the hills behind our house to look for reindeer prints and sleigh tracks.


10) Do you have a real tree or an artificial tree?

Me: Fake!
JJ: Real!



I tag:
Rory (Rory's Ramblings)
Lucy (Love, Lucy)
The Lawrence Girls 
Makennah (Makennah's World)
Mac (The Scarlatti Ranch)

4 comments:

  1. Salut, Emily!
    I am almost done filling out mine. I was actually going to tag you in it, too.
    Christmas cookies are the best, aren't they?
    Bises,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooohhh Love to hear about you and JJ's fun. We love this kind of thing it is kewl to learn new things about our friends.

    We would love the recipe to your peanut butter balls to try this year, if you have it can you email it to us?? Thecrazydolllady@gmail.com ..

    Hugs,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Emily! I'm going to start on it tonight - I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting, girls! Those are some very sweet Christmas memories!

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete