Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's almost...

...Christmas! I'm sad that it's probably not going to be a white Christmas, but I'm excited nonetheless. Riley and Sean are going to come to the family Christmas Eve party. They'll probably never speak to me again, but it should be fun. I'm still trying to talk Aaron into coming as well, but he hates big crowds and meeting new people and my family is quite overwhelming. But I really want him to come otherwise he's going to spend the evening with his girlfriend. On Christmas day I'm going to his house for dessert and so we can exchange gifts. I can't tell you what I got Aaron and Riley yet, since Riley reads my blog and she might blab. Love you, Riley!

Last week Riley and I went to our school dance. It was alright, nothing spectacular. There was a ton of yummy desserts and good punch. We spent most of the time eating. Sean stayed and talked with the other parents. Riley and I also "danced" with some of our classmates, but I don't really think you can totally call it dancing since you mostly just move your arms and feet. Some kids came with dates so they actually did dance, but most of us just "danced."

Kit informed me today that my Christmas present finally arrived. Now I'm super curious what it is. Is it something that was hard to get and that's why it arrived so late? Or is Mother just very lazy and decided to wait until the last minute to shop? I'm kind of leaning towards the latter, hehe.

Now for a surprise. We have someone else joining my family this Christmas. Another Westie! Yes, I know we're crazy. Four terriers is insane. But she was found abandoned and was badly neglected. She was taken to a shelter and the people remembered that we had adopted a Westie from then and called us and asked if we wanted to foster this dog. Mother said yes. Right now we are just fostering her, but she seems to be getting along well with the other fur kids so we might adopted her. Her name is Misfit. She's a spunky little thing about three years old. (In the picture, Colin is Riley's dog and Misfit is on the far right).
From left to right: Colin, Knut, Coconut, Coco, & Misfit

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you all .. congrats on the new westie I am sure she will fit in and stay with you. They look so cute all lined up in front of the Christmas tree. Hope you enjoy having it in your home.

    Sounds like your Christmas is going to be fun and filled with friends and awesome food .. have tons of fun.

    Hugs,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salut, Emily!
    Joyeux noël! Misfit is adorable, as are all of your Westies.
    Yeah, school dances are never the greatest. That teen dance I went to was awful.
    I hope your holiday season is great!
    Bisous,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily! Happy holidays! I'm glad you had a nice time at the dance. My dog, Fudgie, was a shelter dog too. Good luck with your new pet!

    -Frankie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily,

    That "dancing" sounds familiar, haha. No wonder none of us know how to dance properly, since we all "dance" just by moving our arms and legs at school dances!

    Your Westies are adorable! That being said, I don't think I could handle that many. It's enough to put up with Coconut and Mr. Tiny, and they don't even belong to me!

    I hope you have a nice, relaxing holiday!

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Emily!

    I'm glad your had fun at the dance... although yeah, that sounds pretty typical of those awkward school events. Good thing you have friends to "dance" with.

    I can't wait to hear what your present is.

    Congrats on the new Westie! I'm sorry to hear she was mistreated, but I'm glad she's safe now. I hope you can keep her.

    Is family stuff going okay-ish? We've been thinking about you, and are concerned for you.

    Love,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete